Providing Resolution And Peace Of Mind For Property Issues
When closing on a real estate transaction, either as the buyer or seller, people understand that they need to find a good Realtor to assist with the process. However, a buyer or seller often does not think to enlist the services of a knowledgeable lawyer. With skilled legal representation, you can ensure that your interests are protected and know that any foreseeable pitfalls have been avoided.
At Bethard & Bethard, LLP, we have decades of experience in all aspects of property law. Our attorneys have represented clients in closings for all types of real estate, from single-family homes to businesses to 1,000-plus acreage property tracts. Since establishing our firm in 1922, we have built a solid reputation, particularly for large land tracts and rural property which often has an entirely different set of problems or issues than residential property.
Comprehensive Representation In All Property Law Matters
Our legal team has the knowledge and skill to effectively handle purchases, sales and other property issues. This includes services for the following:
- Purchase or sales agreements, buy and sell contracts — draft, review or negotiate as needed
- Transactions involving title insurance — we are title insurance agent
- Title examinations — check the title for liens, ownership issues and other matters that need to be
- Lending issues — we work with, and have a good relationship with several small and large banks
and lending institutions
- Real estate closings — representing the buyer or seller in reviewing documents and filing
- Property rights and issues, such as:
- property ownership
- property located on a river
- boundary issues such as overlapping surveys
- property ownership separate from mineral ownership (surface rights and mineral rights)
- usufructs and naked ownership
- small undivided interest in small and large tracts and residential properties
- many more • Trespassing, possession and squatters’ rights
- Family property and inheritance issues
- Tax sale properties
Our in-depth knowledge of all things related to Louisiana property law allows us to provide you with the best possible representation for your legal matter. We provide an in-depth title examinations, often going back 30 years, 60 years, or in some situations, back to patent (from the State of Louisiana or from the United States), to help avoid future problems with the property. We are dedicated to providing quality services at a very reasonable price.
Contact Us For The Legal Assistance You Need
No matter how minor your property matter may seem, it never hurts to have legal peace of mind. To discuss your closing or other property issue with one of our attorneys, call 318-932-4071. Or you can send an email to any one of our attorneys.